Featured Post

The great destroyer

     A little girls letter  watch the video attached to this link.   Addiction and alcoholism will come intto a family to create to...

Monday, February 18, 2013

I thought with age came wisdom?

Here I go back to work. Why is it so hard to get up and get going the first day back?
That was yesterday. I didn't get to finish this blog last night because I was working until 9:30 last night.
I'm sure my family doesn't believe me, but I really don't come around anymore because I'm always working.
Now I don't know if I already said this, so if I'm repeating myself, sorry. I'm old it happens. I don't want to use this blog to gripe or complain. I truly blessed to have a good husband, great kids, and a job ice always loved. Teaching is the only job I could ever imagine having. Now if I was just allowed to actually teach, wow! Our misinformed Governor has decide that "teachers need to be held accountable".
No problem, come observe me any time you want. I'll take any class, test, or learn to juggle fire if that's what you think makes an "effective teacher".
Now this is the part that makes me mad, how dare you put the future of my job and my salary amount on my babies. What kind of adult does that to children. I would love to understand the rational behind that one. Several of my babies don't have moms. So who do you think plays mom during the day? I do, and I take on that calling with pride and love. How do you translate that to a test score? I have a student whose dad past away last week, and you expect that child to have doing well on a state test on his/her mind?
My babies are not a test score, their young individuals.
Sorry, I'm very protective of my kids. Yes, I'm talking about my students. For 16 years, every child that has walked through my classroom door, is my baby. For life. Even thought some are getting married and having babies of their own.
Didn't mean to carry on like that, but please don't view us ( teachers) as the enemy. If parents and teachers unite, then we will be able to give our kids the best possible future. And keep the government out of our schools. God was kicked out, now we need to send our governor and president out and let us do our job.
Sorry guess that was a bit harsh. Hadn't read my devotional today. Better go do that before I go to work.
Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. Everywhere Renee' and I go together, we usually run in to a kid or two that she has taught in the past. Way more times than not, they say,"MRS. CAMERON WAS THE BEST TEACHER THEY EVER HAD". This happens for a reason. Renee' connects with these children. Especially the ones who seem to need I the most. Eat that bobby jindall! Make that happen with your so called education plan. Renee', you were not being harsh. You where being real and that's ok! I support you and everything you stand for. You are the best teacher. And you are the best wife. I love you for who you are and what you do.

    Your husband

    ReplyDelete