Featured Post

The great destroyer

     A little girls letter  watch the video attached to this link.   Addiction and alcoholism will come intto a family to create to...

Thursday, May 30, 2013

How I Lived through painting my Plywood Floors....

How to go from this....

 To this without going crazy...


Started with these horrible laminate wood floors. 

 

After years and years of complaining to my husband one night on the last week of school to find this....
 

 

 


 Step one:  finish pulling up the floors your husband started and left unfinished because he had to go to work.


Step two:  remove or cover furniture before filling in nail holes and sanding.

 
 Step three:  Remove any staples or nails that could really hurt if you stepped on them.  Fill the nail holes,   sanding is next to smooth the surface.
Remember to cover EVERYTHING or you end up with this ......



 These are the wipes after cleaning my walls.
Prep the floors well before painting.
Step four:  Paint the floors.  This is the best purchase I've every made.
 

The only paint I ever use.  It has never  failed me before.

My husband tried stain but wasn't what I was wanting.


Step five:  Paint
 

 


 

 

*Make sure you buy the non-yellowing polyurethane or you'll have to fix something like this....

 But I persevered and ended up with this ........ .
 
 

 
 
Add a painted rug ....
 
The correct sealer and DONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment