Featured Post

The great destroyer

     A little girls letter  watch the video attached to this link.   Addiction and alcoholism will come intto a family to create to...

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My "easy" chair make over.

I found this chair at an antique store in Denham Springs, LA.
While recovering our office chair I made the wicker section a lot weaker.
So, after a trip to the Goodwill store, my "dented" chair turned into this:
How did I do it?
Easy.
I bought a set of very nice pillow cases for like 2 dollars.
Went to a local store and bought the square foam pieces.  (They're in the fabric section, you can buy it by the roll also.  I can't use pollyfill because my daughter's dog would destroy it.  Foam she doesn't mind.  The dog not my daughter.)
I trimmed the corners of the foam to round it, and slipped it into the pillow case.
It looked horrible.
I went into my craft room grabbed a large needle, cross stitching thread, and ribbon.  Then went to work.
First I turned the cushion/pillow case over and tacked down the corners with just two or three stitches.
When I flipped the cushio over again it still just didn't look nice enough.
I cut the white ribbon that had been left over from another project into 4 pieces.  (about 2 feet or 60 cm)
I put a couple of stitches to attach the ribbon to all four corners.
Before I tied the ribbon to the legs of the chair I had to gather the remainder of the pillow case.  It was hanging down in the front and looked fine, but I have a dog that loves to mark all "his" territory.  I couldn't have CJ ruin my brilliant creation.  To gather the two sides I turned the pillow case inside out, did a ---------- stitch, pulled the cross stitch thread and there you go.  Tied the ribbon to each leg.  Chair redo!



 Took maybe 30 minutes to finish.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment